30-14-6.2 Standards for Signs Allowed Without a Permit
- All signs must be located outside the public street right-of-way and outside any required sight triangle except for temporary off-site real estate directional signs, which are subject to the standards of Table 14-1, below.
- An electrical permit is required if a sign will be illuminated.
- Compliance with the following standards is required.
Temporary Off-Site Real Estate Directional Signs
A temporary sign displayed for the purpose of directing attention to a property or development that is being offered for sale, lease or rent that is not erected, affixed or otherwise established on zoning lot being offered for sale, lease or rent.
1. No more than one off-site directional real estate sign per direction and per property, development or company may be placed at a street intersection where a prospective client must make a turn to travel to the subject property.
2. Signs for the same developer/builder/company must be spaced at least 600 feet from all other signs unless they are placed at a street intersection where a prospective client must make a turn to travel to the subject property.
3. Signs shall not be placed on lands within the public rights-of-way that are entirely surrounded by public streets, such as roadway medians and traffic islands.
4. Signs shall be placed so as not to interfere with or obstruct pedestrian or vehicular traffic or obstruct sight distances at intersections.
5. Except with the permission of the property owner or occupant, signs shall not be located in front of or abutting a lot containing a single-family detached dwelling.
6. Signs shall only be displayed from 12:00 P.M. (noon) on Friday to 12:00 P.M. (noon) the following Monday.
7. Signs shall be freestanding, may not be anchored to a sidewalk or attached to utility poles or other structures or appurtenances.
8. Additional devices, including balloons, may not be attached to or otherwise made part of any sign.
9. Such signs may not exceed 6 square feet in area.
(Ord. 11-41 on 3/1/11)