The Greensboro Regional REALTORS® Association fights to protect your bottom line on the local, state and federal level. We work to advance public policies that will help build strong communities and a vibrant business environment. Our advocacy covers a broad range of issues from fair housing to tax reform. Members are encouraged to get involved and participate in a broad range of opportunities to protect and promote our industry, such as our Legislative Day in Raleigh and Washington D.C..
Here are some of the issues that we have been working on this year, on the local and state level:
- The City of Greensboro passed a new set of local minimum housing standards.
- Protect the Historic Preservation and Film tax credit.
- Protect the Mortgage Interest and Property Tax deduction on the state and national level.
- Ensure and increase the appropriations given to the Workforce Housing Loan Program and Housing Trust Fund.
- Economic development funding through multiple programs and vehicles.
There are a number of other issues that we faced and continue to face, as we work year-round to ensure our interests are protected and promoted at all levels of government.